OMSI Ground Rules
OMSI system is a powerful
tool that benefits both students and instructors. But it must be used
properly and ethically. Here we set some ground rules, nothing
surprising, just making sure we are all on the same page.
- You must read the files
IN FULL. (Note: These are markdown files, so you may
need an add-on for your Web browser to view them cleanly, though the
content is clear without an add-on.)
- You must go through a trial run before your first exam, where you
play the roles of both the instructor and student, running the server
and client. Be sure to check the files produced on both ends after your
- Make sure you prepare beforehand, checking that your laptop works
well with the WiFi system in your classroom. Make sure to fully charge
- Bring a USB key to the exam, in case of sudden network failure
etc., as explained in the OMSI documentation.
- During the exam:
- Needless to say, you are not allowed to do any work on the exam
outside the classroom.
- Make SURE to read the exam Description before you begin.
- The OMSI window must fill your ENTIRE SCREEN AT ALL TIMES.
- When you finish the exam, leave the room. Otherwise the proctor
will think you are still working on the exam, and possibly engaged in
- As with any exam, do not leave the classroom without permission.
- As with any exam, communicating with anyone during the exam
other than proctors, including sharing of materials, is strictly forbidden.